My talk on the Neurobiology of Innovation with social neuroscientist Caroline Szymanski, creativity researcher Sergio Agnoli and Stanford computational neuroscientist Manish Saggar at the dconfestival berlin
To increase awareness of the neurobiological underpinnings
of psychological resilience, mindset and attitude formation & change
in order to help mental health professionals, educators and leaders
create buy-in from others to invest in ‘noncognitive’ and ‘meta-cognitive’ factors
involved in human individual performance and well-being.
- I'm a former neuroscience and education researcher (NYU Phelps Lab for Neuroscience Research, NYU Langone Medical School and Yeshiva University Albert Einstein College of Medicine), defense department analyst and French teacher to diplomats.
- I've worked as an educator and counselor in Ghana, Peru, Ecuador, Belgium, Holland an throughout the US and Canada.
- One of my latest talks was at the Symposium on Neuroscience and Physiological Perspectives on Design Thinking and Creativity hosted by Stanford University and the Hasso Plattner Institute for Design in Berlin. The theme was 'Embodied Creativity and Cognition'
This is me with the headmasters of Namaskar primary school in Ejura, Ghana (years ago!)
A bit more background:
- At NYU, I was honored to be mentored by Zoran Josipovic, whose research on mindfulness and meditation inspired me to train and study at various monasteries with meditation masters from India, Vietnam and Africa.
- I also had the privilege of being mentored by social neuroscientist Lasana Harris, whose passion for promoting human dignity continues to inspire my work today.
- In 2010, I received an award at the annual NYU Graduate Research Conference for my original research on Empathy and Pro-social Behavior.
CURRENT AND PAST CLIENTS
Northwestern University, School of Education and Social Policy
Northeastern University, Chicago
Hasso Plattner School of Design Thinking, Berlin
City Colleges of Chicago
Illinois State University, Department of Education
University of California San Diego, School of Medicine
Tutoring Chicago (formerly Cabrini Green Tutoring)
EHOVE Career Training, Ohio
Blue Valley School District, Missouri
Horizon Science Academy, Chicago
Christopher House Chicago
Oak Park String Academy
Suzuki Music Association
Empowerment through Education and Exposure, Chicago
Calgary Bridge Foundation for Youth, Canada
Alberta Children's Hospital, Canada
Independence School District, Missouri